The 2020 IAF AGM took place by video conference to allow for the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
IAF welcomed nine new members who had applied to the organisation over the last year, including the Jordanian Writers Association, Malawi Union of Academic and Nonfiction Authors, Sanasto, Zambian Womens Writers Association, Asociación Argentina de Traductores e Intérpretes, Asociación Mexicana de Traductores Literarios, The Writers Guild-Kenya, Uganda Visual Artists and Designer’s Association (UVADA) and the Rwanda Writers Federation. The membership reviewed campaigns for authors in the past year and the year ahead, discussing how the pandemic will likely impact authors and the need to respond to this. IAF members also discussed positive approaches that could be taken to help the work of organisations supporting authors around the world.
Following the IAF Annual General Meeting on 15 May 2020, the IAF Steering Committee is as follows:
- Chair: John Degen, The Writers’ Union of Canada (US and Canada)
- Vice-Chair: Mary Rasenberger, The Authors Guild (US and Canada)
- Treasurer: Owen Atkinson, Authors’ Licensing and Collecting Society (Europe)
Remaining members of the committee, in alphabetical order:
- Åsa Anesäter, The Swedish Association of Professional Photographers (Europe)
- Olivia Lanchester, Australian Society of Authors (Asia-Pacific)
- Nicola Solomon, The Society of Authors (Europe)
- Katie Webb, La Federazione Unitaria Italiana Scrittori (FUIS) (Europe)
- Carlos Wynter, Fundación para la Gestión del Arte, (Mexico, Central and South America)